When you use a browser, like Chrome, it saves some information from websites in its cache and cookies. Clearing them fixes certain problems, like loading or formatting issues in File Manager.
- At the top right of your Chrome browser window, click More.
- Click More tools.
- Click Clear browsing data.
- At the top, choose a time range.
- To delete everything, select All time.
- Next to Cookies and other site data and Cached images and files, check the boxes.
- Click Clear data.
Please Note: If you do not wish to clear the history of websites you have visited or passwords, make sure you do not have that section ticked:
1. Click on the menu button situated in the upper right corner.
2. Click on Settings.
3. Under Clear browsing data, click on Choose what to clear.
4. Check the boxes next to Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files.
5. Click on Clear.
After you clear cache and cookies:
- Some settings on sites get deleted. For example, if you were signed in to File Manager, you’ll need to sign in again.
- File Manager may seem slower because content, like images, needs to load again, however, this won't last.