A pay period is a recurring length of time over which an employee has worked and is paid, e.g. weekly, fortnightly, monthly. In Wagemaster, a pay period is called a Pay Period Ending (PPE) Date.
If you have employees on different pay cycles, you need to setup additional Pay Periods.
In your setup, you already entered one Pay Period and only need to complete this if you have more than one pay cycle for your employees. Skip to the next step if you only require one pay cycle in your business.
To reduce admin time in your company, it is efficient to keep all employees on the same pay cycle.
Set up a PPE Date
- From the start page of Wagemaster, click Setup > Preferences
- Click Configuration-> Pay Periods
- Click Add
- At the Add Pay Period Details screen, complete the following:
- Description: Enter the description (suggest you use a meaningful name to group the employees) for the PPE Date. This might be a description of the types of employees on this PPE or the Frequency of the pays or a combination of these two things, for example, “Weekly” or “Casual Staff” or “Weekly Casual staff.”
- Frequency: Select the pay frequency from the drop-down list
Note: The frequency is linked to the tax tables – i.e. if your frequency is weekly then the program will work out the tax on the weekly tax table
Other frequency options available are Bi-Monthly, Calendar Month, Fortnightly, Four Weekly, Monthly
- Click OK
In the example above, we have created a new weekly PPE Date for our casual employees
- The newly created pay period is displayed in the Pay Period section of the Configuration. Click Close to return to the start page of Wagemaster.
Review PPE Date Setup
To review the PPE Date setup:
Click the PPE Date menu option on the main Wagemaster page to display the drop-down calendar to view the individual PPE dates created
In the example above, you can see all the PPE dates for the weekly cycle for March - 2nd, 9th, 16th, 23rd, 30th. All bolded dates signify a PPE date – i.e. a period that can be used to process a pay run. Also, there are fortnightly PPE dates on the 14th and the 28th of March.
Check Employee’s PPE Date
Every employee is attached to a PPE date. To view the PPE date in the employee’s details record
- Click Employee > Edit Employee…
- Click on the name box to choose the employee’s name that you wish to check the pay period for
- Click the Employment button and then the word Employment
- In the Description field, the name of PPE Date will be displayed
The Next Step Is Optional, depending on the employment conditions:
Continue To: Setup Employees