Setup Employee Without Superannuation Information To Get Stapled Super Fund Details

This article is for users wanting to learn more on how to setup an employee without superannuation information to be able to get a stapled fund from the ATO.

To Setup Stapled Super Fund

  1. Follow setup employees, however, ignore the need to setup a super fund at the beginning of the article. At step 14 select the No Entitlement To Superannuation (SGL) checkbox and finish the employee setup.
  2. Follow your normal process to process payslips and report via STP.
  3. Wait until the STP delivers a success status. (This might take anywhere between a few hours to a couple of days)

Enter ATO Supplied Stapled Fund To An Employee Record

  1. Click Employee.

  2. Click Payments.
  3. Select Superannuation.
  4. Click Add.
  5. Select the fund name from the drop-down or if you cannot find the fund name enter the fund name in the Fund Name box then press Enter. You will be asked if you want to add the fund name in press Quick add.Quick_Add.png
  6. Enter the member number.
  7. Press OK.
  8. Press Close.

Create A Supplementary Payslip To Enter In The Missed Superannuation Only

  1. Select the PPE for which superannuation was not entered in.
  2. Click File.
  3. Select Maintenance.
  4. Click Supplementary Pay Slip.
  5. Acknowledge the warning screen and press OK.
  6. Select the Employee.
  7. Click on the white area (If timesheet auto-populates press Clear, press Yes).
  8. Click Next.
  9. Select Superannuation.
  10. Double click on the Superfund name.
  11. Enter in the missed super amount.
  12. Press OK.

  13. Click Next.
  14. Check the payslip to ensure only the missed superannuation is in it.
  15. Press Save.

Do An STP Update

  1. Click STP.

  2. Select STP Update.
  3. Uncheck All Employees.
  4. Select the applicable Employee.
  5. Ensure you are on the correct financial year.
  6. Press OK.
  7. Press Report To ATO.
  8. Read and acknowledge the disclaimer and press Report.
Was this article helpful?
0 out of 0 found this helpful
Have more questions? Submit a request