This article is for users wanting to setup Base Pay Rates in Wagemaster.
This video covers:
- What is Base Pay Rate?
- How to work out a Base Pay Rate amount
- How to create a Base Pay Rate in Wagemaster
The Base Pay Rate is used to calculate each employee’s pay. Base Pay Rates must be setup before setting up the employee record.
Please note: If you Edit a pay rate (i.e. a line on the screen below), all employees on that pay rate will now receive the new amount as their Base Pay Rate.
To set up a new Base Pay Rate:
- Click Setup.
- Click Base Pay Rates.
- Click Add.
- Enter a description and the new Base Pay Rate.
(See below table on how to calculate the base pay rate)
- Description: Enter a generic name to identify the group of workers who will be paid this rate.
- Amount: Enter the rate your worker will be paid. This will be displayed to 4 decimal points.
- Code: Leave blank.
- Click OK.
How to work out a Base Pay Rate:
- What is the pay period the employee is paid on in Hours? e.g. 80 (2 weeks at 40 hours per week).
- What is the Gross Pay for this period? e.g. $1000 per fortnight.
- Divide the figure in the Gross Pay Period by Hours for the period.
- This is your Base Pay Rate (1000/80 = 12.50).
Please Note: If your employees work on a piece rate, e.g. fruit pickers/shearers, then you can use the taxable allowance option.
Continue to the next step: Setup New Tax Tables (if required)
or skip to Setup Bank Accounts