For most employees, a tax rate can be a selection from the options provided by the ATO. Others may need to create a customized tax table.
This method cannot be used for Working Holiday Makers.
To Setup A Customised Tax Table:
- In the Wagemaster, click Setup > Tax > Tables.
- Click Add.
- The Add Tax Table Details window will display.
- Description: Type a meaningful name in the description e.g. 20% tax.
- Weekly Earnings (x) Less Than $: Type a large figure in the weekly earnings(x) Less than $ box e.g. $99,999.99.
- a: Type the percentage figure that you require as the employee’s tax rate (for example 0.20) for 20% tax.
- b: Leave box b empty.
- Click OK to complete.