To compare the actuals in the cash book to the figures in the chosen forecasted budget, you will first need to save the budget as current. To do this:
- From the Home Page, click Budget.
- Choose Full Budget or Quick Budget.
- Choose a budget from the list by clicking on it.
If you are using a Quick Budget you will see this screen:
If you are using a Full Budget you will see this screen:
- The Budget window opens. Click Current Budget.
- You will now see the Current Budgets window. From the First Month drop-down list, choose the first month of the budget that you wish to do a comparison with (this should be the same as the first month of the budget unless the budget is for more than one year).
- Type in the name you want to give your budget if you want something different to the default name Agrimaster gives it.
- Click on the Save Current Budget.
- To close the current budget window, click the or press the Escape (Esc) key to close the screen. Click the black cross to exit from the main budget window.
- Saving your budget as current will only need to be performed again if you make any changes to the selected budget.
If you have a multiple-year budget, you must save each year as a separate current budget.