This article shows you how to take a screenshot to share with the Customer Support team using the mouse or keyboard.
Using Your Mouse
- Open the Snipping Tool app. You can do this by searching Snipping Tool in the search bar at the bottom left of your screen.
- Click the application to open it when it pops up in your search results.
- Once the application is open, click the New button at the top left of the app. You can also choose a different mode of snip you want, for most purposes the standard rectangular snip can be used.
- Your screen will freeze and a cross-like cursor will appear.
- Click the part of your screen you wish to capture, then drag the box over the selected area and release your finger from the mouse to create the image you desire.
- You can now select to save the screenshot by clicking File then Save as and save the image.
- Please add the image as an attachment to your submission to Customer Support.
Using Your Keyboard
- Open the Snipping Tool app. Do this by searching Snipping Tool in the search bar at the bottom left of your screen.
- Click the application when it pops up in your search results.
- To choose the type of snip you want, press the Alt + M keys and then use the arrow keys to choose Free-form, Rectangular, Window, or Full-screen Snip, and then press Enter.
- Alt + M is available only with the latest update to Windows 10. When making a rectangular snip, hold down Shift, and use the arrow keys to select the area you want to snip.
- To take a new screenshot using the same mode you used last, press Alt + N keys.
- To save your snip, press Ctrl + S keys. To copy it to the clipboard, press Ctrl + C keys.