The intelligent lists is a function in the Cash book that uses the data you have entered previously for company to guess what codes, enterprises & allocations you will need when entering transactions.
This function can save you a lot of time when entering transaction data and can be combined with the recent function to save you even more time.
The function works best when there is a reasonable amount of data in a file – it may be of limited use if you have only recently started using the program. With 3 months' of data, the intelligent list will start to be helpful.
Activating intelligent lists
The function is off by default. To turn it on:
- From the Home page, click Setup and Tools
- Click Settings
- Select Activate intelligent. Leave all the other options on this page as they are
- Click the green tick to save your changes
Using intelligent lists
The intelligent lists function can be used in Transactions, EFT Acc/Pay Cheques and in Basic Invoicing Acc/Rec, in the same way.
To use the intelligent lists (the below screenshots are taken from the Transactions section):
- Enter a name you have previously used in the Name field, then press Enter or Tab
- A list of the codes used for this name in the past will appear under Code
- Select the code you need from the selection provided and then press Enter
- Press Tab or Enter to go to the next field. Repeat this process for Enterprise & Allocation, if required
Overriding Intelligent lists
If the Code, Enterprise or Allocation you require is not in the intelligent list selections, you will need to override it. To override:
- Press the equals (=) key on your keyboard to return to the full Code, Enterprise or Allocation list
- Select the required Code, Enterprise or Allocation from the list
- Use the Enter or Tab key to go to the next field and continue to enter the transaction
- All additions you make will be added to the relevant selection (Code, Enterprise or Allocation) for the next time you use the name you entered in the Name field