This article is for users wanting to change an employees' employment basis from casual employment to full-time or part-time.
Before moving the employee to the new full-time or part-time employment basis, ensure you have:
- Created A New Base Pay Rate For The Employee(s) - If pay rates are changing.
- Identified the relevant full-time or part-time award applicable for the employee.
- Click Awards.
- Go through the list of the full-time or part-time awards to check if the awards will suit the full-time or part-time employment basis. If the full-time or part-time award does not meet the requirements and is linked to another employee who has different award conditions you can copy the full-time or part-time award and edit it.
To Move The Employee To Full-Time Or Part-Time Employment:
- Click Employee.
- Select the employee name.
- Click Employment, then Employment.
- Click Change Award and follow the wizard.
- Update the Employees Tax Table as per new information provided to you.
- Update the Employees Additional Tax Information per new information provided to you then press resubmit. This will ensure that the Tax File Number Declaration check box will have a tick in the STP portal.
The resubmit button will only be available if the TFN declaration has been sent via STP previously.
If the TFN declaration needs to be re-sent to the ATO but if the resubmit button is not available follow the article: Submitting TFN Declaration Forms With STP.