This article is for users wanting to set up a flat tax rate for their employees.
In instances where a flat rate of tax is to be withheld by the payer, a tax table can be set up to accommodate this requirement in Wagemaster. For example, payers may receive a PAYG variation to withholding notice.
To accommodate this, a flat rate tax table may need to be setup and relevant employees linked to it.
- Tax Table setup
- Navigate to Setup > Tax > Tables
- To set up a flat rate tax table, Click on Add and enter a relevant description for the new tax table ie. “Flat Rate 15%”, followed by detail as shown in the below screenshot where (a) represents the percentage as a decimal.
- Click ok and Close to Save it
- Employee tax table: Link this tax table to any relevant employees from Employee > Payments > Tax > Tax Table
- Select the new tax table from the list and click close to save changes