SuperStream is an electronic gateway that streamlines the way employers make super contributions for their employees. All employers should be paying super contributions in a SuperStream compliant way. The only exceptions for non-compliance are self-employed people or sole traders paying their own super contributions.
SuperStream Alternative File Format
SuperStream is a government reform aimed at improving the efficiency of the superannuation system.
Under SuperStream, employers must make super contributions on behalf of their employees by submitting data and payments electronically in a consistent and simplified manner.
This article contains the steps to setup and steps to create a SAFF file to send to your Super Clearing House.
From 1 July 2014, medium to large employers (20 or more employees) must send contribution data and payments in an electronic format the fund is willing to accept.
From 1 July 2015, small employers (less than 20 employees) must send contribution data and payments in an electronic format the fund is willing to accept.
This file format option provides an alternative to the standard and contains all mandatory data in an ATO accepted format. Wagemaster has obtained bronze certification compliance for this file format.
1. To create a Super Fund or to check that the Super Funds have all required fields completed:
Go to Setup > Superannuation Funds > Add to add a new fund.
2. Edit to check and modify an existing Fund.
3. The Delivery File Format must be SuperStream Alternative.
Upon completion of the setup, you can then process your superannuation file once a month, or once a quarter, by creating a super file to send to your Clearing House.
To Create The File
- Navigate to Reports > Superannuation > Export File.
- Select the date range for the information to be created and click Next.
- Ensure that SuperStream Alternative is selected as the Delivery Format and click Next.
- Select the employees’ superannuation contributions for inclusion in the export file. By default, all available contributions that have not yet been included in a file will be included, however specific employees and specific contributions can be selected and deselected as required. Each employee can be expanded to show the details of which PPE is included and how much is paid for each PPE. Click Next.
- Enter/modify the Output File location and file name.
- Payment ID can be added as required before completing the creation of the file. The Payment ID is a unique payment reference that employers create to link both the contribution data and banking file. The wizard also shows you the previous payment reference used and the date the file was run. Click Next.
- Once the export is finished click Explore to browse the output file location and/or click close the wizard.
- If the option to include superannuation payments in the EFT file is selected (from File > Company Details > Banking > Bank Account), then the EFT file can be created at this time.
- Once the EFT file creation wizard is finished, the file is ready to send to the Clearing House via your online banking software.