This article outlines how to use Agrimaster’s Replace feature to quickly repair transaction data as a whole, and to identify information that has been selected incorrectly. Incorrect coding of data can greatly affect your management reporting and tax information.
You can use the Replace feature:
- If incorrect Codes, Enterprises, Allocations, or Descriptions have been selected for multiple transactions.
- If names with incorrect spelling, duplicated names, or similar names have been consistently used for the same debtor or creditor.
You cannot delete Names, Codes, Enterprises, Allocations, or Descriptions that have been used in cashbook transactions, for example, an EFT, invoice or transaction. The only way you can delete this data is to modify coding or merge transaction data, then you can delete the unwanted Names or Codes, depending on your needs.
Prior to using this feature, be aware of the following:
- If a business vendor changes its trading name, it is the correct practice to leave the old and new names in place and for tax purposes. We do not suggest using this feature for this purpose.
- Do not use this feature to edit enhanced invoices. To edit invoices, go to the Enhanced Invoices screen, searching for the paid or unpaid invoice and using the Edit Invoice feature.
- If you are choosing a different code, ensure the new one has the same GST tax category. The reason is that the new code may have a tax category of GST free when the old one was Standard GST. This will affect past GST/BAS data.
- If you are altering cashbook coding, make sure you also amend this data in your budget/s.
- You will not be able to delete Names, Codes, Enterprises, Allocations and Descriptions that have been used for other transactions/splits.
How to Replace Names, Codes, Enterprises, Allocations and Descriptions (using Find Edit)
The Find Edit function allows you to search for transactions using selected fields. For example, you can search all transactions for a certain name, code, Enterprise, allocation, and description (within a specified time period). If you are wanting to fully replace a name, code, Enterprise, allocation etc, we recommend you search the whole cashbook from the beginning setup date to the current date.
To merge names using the Find Edit function:
1. On the Home Page click Cash Book
2. Click Find Edit
3. Change the date range in the First box back to the first month of the Agrimaster file by scrolling to the top of the date box and selecting the blank box at the top
4. In the Last date box select the Latest date available in your data file:
5. Choose the ‘old or defunct’ item you wish to remove from the chosen field. In this example, we are using Names. If you have multiple names that need to be merged into one, you will need to select one name at a time.
6. Click or press F10 to start the search.
7. All transactions matching the search parameters will be listed. You can now view or edit the transactions:
8. Click the Replace button
9. On the right-hand side, select the new name you want for these transactions:
10. Click or press F10 to change all the transactions to the new Name
11. A warning will appear. Click Yes to continue:
12. Once the transactions have been successfully changed, they will be removed from the Find Transactions screen
13. Once you have emptied the cashbook of transactions using that name, you can delete that name from your names list. The same can be done for codes, enterprises, allocation or descriptions no longer required. To do this:
- Exit from the Find Transactions screen by clicking
- Click on Setup & Tools in the main menu
- Click on Cashbook Setup
- Click on Names
- Find the name you wish to remove from the list
- Click on the name and then click the Delete button . If you have correctly merged the name, it will be deleted without a warning as it contains no data.