This article explains which fields and settings to choose per employee when completing the Employees section of Payroll Setup.
This section of the Payroll Setup only needs to be done once, unless you intend to make changes to the settings in future.
- Tick the boxes next to the employee/s you wish to make active for importing payroll data. You can also untick the employee/s who you wish to make inactive.
If your employee/s do not have a bank account setup in KeyPay or has more than one bank account, there will be nothing pre-populated for Selected Account. If your employee has more than one bank account, you need to click Edit and select the default account for their normal pay (wages) to be paid into.
- To change the settings for specific employees, click Edit next to the employee and the below pop up will appear.
- If you are happy for the default settings to apply to each employee, you do not use Enterprises, and your employee's bank account is pre-populated, you can skip the Edit step and just click Next.
- Bank Account - If you wish to use a different business bank account to pay a specific employee, rather than the default bank account you already selected at Payroll Setup - Settings, you can make the change at this stage.
- Superannuation - If you wish to use a different superannuation code for a specific employee, rather than the default superannuation code you already selected at Payroll Setup - Settings, you can make the change at this stage.
- Enterprise - Select an Enterprise to record for the employee/s wages and super, if that applies to your business. E.g. Canola or Sheep.
- Select Account - Select the default bank account for this employee's wages to be paid into.
If you completed the steps in Payroll Setup - Settings and you are happy for these default settings to apply, you do not need to change the setup for individual employees unless you wish to customise the setup for specific employees or add Enterprises for your employees.
If your employee names already exist in Agrimaster before integrating with KeyPay, for any difference in the employee name (e.g. middle name is added to the employee record in KeyPay but was not entered in Agrimaster/Wagemaster/any payroll software), a new contact will be created in Agrimaster as the system will pick it as 2 different employees. You can use the merge names feature within Agrimaster to merge them for easy reporting.