When you pull the Fuel Tax Rebate report, a listing of your fuel tax transactions will appear and the entries that require updating with a delivery date will be listed with a * next to the dates. The below message will also display on the bottom of the tax report.
Take note of all the relevant record numbers located under RN Ref.
- From the home page, click Cashbook.
- Click Find Edit if the error is in an open month. If it is in a closed month, click Repair Past.
Please Note: The Repair Past function should not be used lightly because you can alter the closing bank account balances in months that are closed.
You should not add transactions into a month in a closed BAS period without consulting your accountant first.
- For each transaction, enter the delivery date by clicking the arrow in the field next to Delivery Date.
- Click the green tick or F10 to save the entry.
- Run the Fuel Tax Rebate report again. If the warning message appears again, take note of the record numbers with a * and edit them.
- Before you close your BAS, ensure the warning box does not appear.