File Manager allows users to Add Notes to file revisions. This will allow you to describe or track changes made to a file.
The note and its contents are visible to all users who have access to the file.
- To add a revision note, navigate to the correct date from the file history, click on the drop down arrow and select, Add Note.
- A pop up will now appear. Enter the description for the note, click on Save. You are able to enter 150 characters of any type.
- The note icon appears in the revision history. By hovering the mouse over the Note it will display its content.
- To edit a note, navigate to the file revision in the File history panel. Click on the drop down menu and select Edit Note. Once the changes have been made, select Save.
- To delete a note, navigate to file revision in the File history panel, click on Edit Note. Hi-light and delete the description, select Save.
NOTE: Only the User who originally adds a note, has the ability to edit or delete the note in question.