The budget to cashbook comparison report aims to compare forecasted budget data against actual cashbook data. Reports generated will be for the budget period that aligns with the cashbook period.
The report analyses if your current cash flow is above or below where you expected to be then in your budgeting period. This will enable you to see potential problems or opportunities before they arise so you can address them accordingly.
For best practice, ensure all accounts in your cashbook are kept up to date regularly and reconciled monthly. When comparing the budget to the cashbook report, if you notice income or expenditure in the budget that has not yet been received or incurred to move it forward in the budget.
The report can be run at any time throughout the year; as a minimum, we recommend:
- Monthly once Reconciled
- Quarterly after the BAS complete
- Annually once the EOFY financial process is complete and for a snapshot of how the business performed.
Before running the report, make sure you have saved a Current Budget.
- At the Home Page, click Cashbook
- Click Report
- Click Budget Comparison Reports
- The Budget Comparison Report will be displayed:
- Select the saved current budget to use in this report: Select the budget you wish to use to compare your actuals with (cashbook data)
- At the to month selection field: select the month you wish to compare
- The from field should be left as is (it will default to the beginning of the compared budget)
- Which Bank Accounts: Select Same banks as in selected budget (strongly recommend). The report will vary based on the options selected
- Basis: Select Cashbook
- Report Type: we suggest you try Full (alternative) first and then Short (with notes)
- Click the green tick to view and print the report
- Important Feature: If you would like to drill down on any cashbook data showing in the actuals column, simply click on the number and it will take you directly to a Stacked Report.
- You can print this report as:
- a PDF file, which can be emailed
- a paper report
- a CSV file that will export to Microsoft Excel