This article contains steps to follow to ensure your TFN declarations are automatically submitted to the ATO when reporting your STP Pay Event in Wagemaster.
- Navigate to Employee > Payments > Tax > Additional Requirement for TFN Declaration.
- The checkboxes that appear here, on the Additional Requirements for TFN Declaration screen, must be selected according to the items ticked on the paper declaration form (NAT 3092) along with the date of signing. The greyed-out items on this page are collected from the tax table setup of the selected tax table from the Tax > Basic Details tab. If the employee is on a custom tax table setup, the tick boxes must be manually selected. Lodgment will occur when Report to ATO is selected in STP Reporting for the employees who are included in the Pay Event.
- Lodgment: After EFT banking, the employee will be included in a Pay Event. In STP, select the Pay Event and View Details. The TFN Dec column will have a tick (or the word True) indicating that TFN information for this employee will be uploaded to the ATO with this Pay Event.
If the TFN Dec column is not visible:
1. Double-click the Pay Event Details line to see the list of employees.
2. Right-click on the employee and click on the Customise box.3. When you click on the Customise box, a Customization screen will appear. Scroll down until you find the TFN Dec item and click and drag this item to the Headings line and drop it next to the employee name.
- Once reported to the ATO and the status has changed to Success, the date lodged field will be populated. This prevents the TFN Declaration information from appearing in the following Pay Events.
Employee > Payments > Tax > Additional Requirement for TFN Declaration.
- Resubmitting: For the employees that you want to resubmit to the ATO, select the Resubmit button. This will clear the date lodged and these employees will now appear in STP Reporting with the TFN Dec box selected.
The resubmit button will only be available if the TFN declaration has been sent via STP previously.
If the TFN declaration needs to be re-sent to the ATO but the resubmit button is not available follow step 1 of this article.