- From the menu bar in Wagemaster, click SETUP
- Click PREFERENCES
- Click CONFIGERATION
- Click E-MAIL/PROXY
- Complete the SMTP SERVER field
- XXX.com.au. XXX is your provider name. In many cases it is the name after the @ in your email address. For instance, if your email address is email@example.com, the SMTP server is mail.greatcompany.com.au
- Complete the PORT field
- Complete the FROM NAME/EMAIL: Your name and email address
- Complete the REPLY NAME/EMAIL: Your name and email address
- Click and select USE TLS/SSL
- Click on ADVANCED TLS SETTINGS
- Select the appropriate TLS VERSION and TLS CONNECTION METHOD for your Internet Provider
- Click OK
Please consult with your ISP, IT Technician or Network Administrator for the details to add into these fields. There are multiple items that may affect your ability to Email payslips in bulk. They will need to check any Firewalls or Security settings that may be in place which may block your ability to utilise this function.
NOTE: For examples on how to configure your Email/Proxy for popular Internet Providers, refer to the end of this article or Google your Internet provider and type in
“Outgoing SMTP Server details for …….”
- Now you add a PAYSLIP EMAIL MESSAGE
- Click PREFERENCES
- Click PAY SLIPS
- Change the Payslip Email Message (only if not happy with the default one). The highlighted fields shown below can be altered by following the instructions from the Note shown in the picture. The data in each #field will update when a payslip is issued each time.
- Optional Feature: Create a Payslip Password. The 2019 Software Release has new features in regard to this. To do so, click on SETUP, PREFERENCES, CONFIGERATION, SECURITY and REPORTS tab.
Change user password from None to your preference
- Now you need to setup your Employee’s email address in their employee details card.
NOTE: You will not need to do this step if you previously added the email address when creating the Employee in Wagemaster. Hence steps 18 to 22 may not be required.
- From the menu bar in Wagemaster, click on EMPLOYEE
- From the GENERAL tab, click on EMAIL/INTERNET
- To add an email address, click on ADD
- Enter the email address and select the ‘Use this email address for Payslip delivery’ field, then click OK
- Click on the EMPLOYMENT tab and then PAY SLIP OPTIONS and check that 'Send to Employee’s Payslip email delivery address' is selected
For Gmail and other Email Hosts:
There may be settings within the mailbox that block sign-in attempts at the domain or organisational unit level from some apps (Wagemaster) or devices that don't use modern security standards.
Following this article may be useful in those instances:
Troubleshooting ideas if experiencing emailing payslips issues:
This may be due to:
- The Mail Server (creating blockages or not allowing ‘apps’ to email)
- ISP – not providing accurate details or assistance
- Firewalls/Anti-Virus – creating blockages
Should you encounter such issues, Mastergroup cannot assist any further. Therefore, you need to escalate (raise a query) with your ISP, Network Admin or PC Technician.
If after ruling out spaces in email addresses and unrecognised characters or fonts here are some points that we try to convey to customers that are experiencing winsoc, socket errors, unable to relay, etc.
- Wagemaster is not a mail client it is just trying to connect to the mail server to relay the email.
- As far as the function of sending emails, this is controlled outside our application, there is no option, setup or configuration other than connection details that can be entered within the application. As you can appreciate, we do not have any settings within the application that control how emails are sent as the application has been designed simply to relay messages to a mail server or service which then determines what is sent and how. As a result, there is not much we can do or control.
- As Wagemaster is not a mail client, we are not support technicians for various mail server or firewall products nor do we have any association with vendors of these products. Any support and suggestions provided (such as the attached reference documents) is in an effort to assist not to provide a solution or any level of support with any mail server, security or network settings as these are beyond the scope of the Wagemaster Payroll application. Information and assistance provided has been provided to other clients with varying mail server types, firewalls and environments and they have found parts of it useful in finding solutions for their businesses. Wagemaster is not the common factor in the failure of email pay slip relaying. If it were then none of our customers would be able to use the function.
- It is recommended to seek the assistance of your ISP or an IT professional that specialise in Mail Server administration as common issues are due to firewall\anti-virus settings, blacklisting of domains and potentially relay connector settings configured as a part of the smtp server configuration.
Email Configuration – Tips & Tricks
- Refer to steps 9 through to 12 on this topic
- SMTP Server can be searched for online on Google (ie. Type in ‘iinet smtp’)
- Problems with emailing Payslips
- First place to look, could be a problem with the port ***
- Port is either un-encrypted - 25 or encrypted – 465 and 587
- 465 and 587 Ports are more common because of the encryption. Port 25 is an old setting
- Tick in the Use TLS/SSL box and then click on Advanced TLS Settings and choose