The Long Service Leave Act of 2018 will come into operation on 1 November 2018 and has been passed by the Victorian Parliament.
The Key changes include:
- Employees will be entitled to take LSL after 7 years of continuous service.
- An employee is entitled to request LSL for a period of not less than 1 day.
- Any period of paid parental leave and up to 12 months of unpaid parental leave will count as service.
The following changes are required in Wagemaster:
- Go to Setup > Awards
- Select an Award and 'Edit'
- On the left, select Leave and then select Long Service.
- On the Entitlement tab, change the Number of Units to 7