Save yourself time by copying the details from a previous purchase or invoice. Copying transactions helps you enter consistent information each time you do a similar transaction for the same supplier or customer. The ability to copy complex rows (splits) into a new transaction also ensures more reliable reports. Rather than entering the data from scratch, you can copy the previous transaction by using the Recent F6 function or by just entering the name into the name box and pressing <enter> or the <tab> key. This automates the F6 function.
The Recent F6 function allows you to search for past records and copy the details (including splits) to the transaction entry window.
It locates the transaction by using the name entered and the time period chosen. This feature can save you time spent on searching and data entry.
As well as using the Recent F6 function for copying a previous transaction, you can also use it to:
- Repeat a transaction you have previously created
- Enter periodical payments
You cannot create a recurring transaction in Agrimaster, however Recent F6 makes it quick and easy to enter the same thing.
How to copy a transaction
- Start at the Home
- Click on Cash Book
- Click on Transactions
- Click on the Add New icon to open the Enter Cashbook Transactions window
- Enter the Format, Bank Account, Reference and Date
- Type the Name of the supplier (Transaction) or customer (Invoicing)
Stay in the Name field
- Press the <enter> or <tab> keys or click Recent F6 button or press the F6 key on your keyboard.
- A list of transactions, for the Name entered, for the past 3 months will be displayed. Click on the start of the detail that matches what you need
- Click on Copy splits from record number ###
- At the Import Splits window
- Click Yes to copy the previous dollar amounts
- Click No to only get the Codes and Descriptions
- Press the Enter or Tab key to move from Code to the next boxes
Recommended, enter the Enterprise and Allocation where possible
- Type the Quantity (such as items sold by invoice or in order to claim fuel rebates).
- Type a Description (or edit the description).
- Type the dollar Amount (or verify the dollar amount)
- Press the Enter key to access the next row (split)
- Click on Save and click on Close