The main purpose of Sage WageEasy version 184.108.40.20679 is to release additional functionality related to STP Reporting, with the addition of the first version of Update Event functionality.
The following changes and updates are contained in this release:
Changes & enhancements to Wage Easy / Wagemaster Files (databases)
- New feature – Automatic printing of Payment Date on Payslips
- STP Reporting – Pay Event
- STP Reporting – Update Event
- Australian Tax changes for the 2018/2019 financial year
- Fix - Change made to SG contributions in instances of employee 100% salary sacrifice
1. Automatic printing of Payment Date on Payslips
In line with FairWork requirements, the printing of Payment Date on payslips will be automatic once the EFT file (Process Payments) has been created.
Single Touch Payroll
The STP menu item in Sage WageEasy has 3 functions
- STP Setup Wizard
- STP Pay Event reporting
- STP Update Event reporting
With the completion of the STP Setup wizard, STP reporting – Pay Event and Update Event - can be completed. If setup is not complete, the STP Setup wizard will come up when the STP menu is clicked on.
2. Single Touch Payroll (STP) reporting - Pay Event
Pay Event is ‘The mechanism which allows employers to report payments subject to withholding (PAYG tax) via STP’.
This version of STP Pay Event will allow you to:
- Report employee YTD gross payments, including termination payments
- Report employee tax withheld, including PAYG and ETP
- Report specific allowances and deductions
- Report employee ordinary times earnings (OTE)
- Report superannuation liability information, including Reportable Employer Superannuation Contributions (RESC) for each employee
- Pay Event Print report
- Pay Even Details grid - display and filter for refining of displayed records
- Pay Event Details Export – Excel, HTML, Text, XML, CSV
The STP Setup Wizard cannot be completed until Sage STP Gateway credentials have been entered, verified and Finish selected.
EFT file creation is the trigger for generation of the PayEvent. Even if the EFT file is not used to pay employees, the file must be generated.
Further functionality will continue to be added to STP Pay Event reporting in upcoming releases.
3. Single Touch Payroll (STP) reporting - Update Event
Update Event is ‘The mechanism which allows employers to report changes to an employee’s YTD amounts via STP’.
This release includes a new STP Update feature, which is found in the STP icon on the main WageEasy screen.
This version of STP Update will allow you to:
- report changes to year-to-date amounts or other data previously reported, e.g. because a pay adjustment has been processed to amend values reported in an earlier pay event.
Please note that the Update Event should only be used in this way when the employee is not being paid, i.e. you are adjusting values only, not generating a payment.
- report Final values for the year. Final values may be reported for individual employees, i.e. because they have been terminated, or for all employees as part of your EOY processing.
- Update Event Print Report
- Update Event Details grid - display and filter for refining of displayed records
- Update Event Details Export – Excel, HTML, Text, XML, CSV
For more information on STP reporting, click here.
For more information on STP setup, click here.
4. Australian Tax changes for the 2018/2019 financial year
New tax tables become effective from 1 July 2018.
These changes have been applied to the Tax Table pdl file within the Sage WageEasy/Wagemaster installation folder. The update of the Tax Table via the pdl file will need to be run on each database for the new tax table to take effect once your PPE date is at a date in July 2018.
5. Change made to SG contributions in instances of employee 100% salary sacrifice
If an employees’ salary sacrifice to superannuation reduces their Taxable Gross below the SG cut-in amounts (currently $450 monthly), SGL will still be paid. While the salary sacrifice reduces the employees Taxable Gross, it will not reduce the ordinary time earnings base for SG contributions. This sees a change in the behaviour of Sage WageEasy between our first V220.127.116.1114 and this version, V18.104.22.16879.