Once the Wagemaster/WageEasy has been installed on your computer, the next step is to create your company file.
The following will outline how to create a new company file within Wagemaster/WageEasy.
- At the Agrimaster Home page, click the Wagemaster icon
- From the menu at the top, click File > New Company
- If you do not have a file open, Wagemaster will take you to the screen in Step 5. If you have a file that has been opened automatically (e.g. The Demo file my open for first time users), a pop-up similar to the below will appear. Click Yes to save a backup
- The Save-As screen appears. Click Save
- The New Company Wizard will appear to step you through the process of creating the company file. Click Next to begin setting up your new company
- Choose your country from the drop-down menu and click Next
- Enter the following details then click Next
Complete the following company details, then click Next:
- Company Name: Enter your registered company name*
- Trading Name: If you operate under a trading name, enter the name*
- ACN: If your business is a registered company, enter the 9 digit Australian Company Number. This information is required if you enter details in the Company Name field
- ABN: Enter your 11 digit Australian Business Number
- of Employees: Regardless of the number of employees, leave the No. of Employees as 5
- WE Client Number: Enter your Wage Easy client number provided in your onboarding email
*You must enter either a Company Name, a Trading Name or both.
- The End of Taxation Year screen will be displayed Ensure the correct date is entered for the End of Taxation Year. This date represents the end of the financial year. Wagemaster will display the default date of June 30 of the current financial year. This date is an automatic default setting for the Australian Taxation Year.
- The selected end of taxation year is correct: Tick this box to confirm the date is correct
- Click Next
- Company contact and address details will need to be completed next
- Enter the company’s contact details as well as the details of the contact person for the company. This person will be the point of contact for any payroll items or notifications. Please ensure the email address that is entered is the email address where we are to send all correspondences to
- Click Next to continue
- Complete your company’s postal address details
- If postal address is the same as the company’s address
- Check the Same as Company Address box
- Click Next
- If postal address is different from the company’s address entered in the previous screen
- Uncheck the Same as Company Address box
- Click Next
- The Email Delivery Settings screen will be displayed
The ability to email pay advices and some reports relies on the information being entered in this screen. It may be best to get the IT specialist involved, or their approval, as often there can be security or email account size limitations that can affect this function. Unless you know what you are doing here, we strongly recommend you consult your IT specialist to configure this area.
Note: This screen is not mandatory in order to complete the company setup. This function can be revisited and set up at a later stage.
- If the details of these items are not known, select Next to continue
- The Associations screen will be displayed, with a list of associations your employee’s employment conditions and entitlements are derived from, or constrained by Do not select any Association at this stage as the awards will be added later using a template provided to you. Click Next
- Click Yes to the message displayed. (Awards, allowances and pay rates can be set up later in the process)
- The Pay Periods screen will be displayed This is the screen where you will define your Pay Period Endings (PPE) which fall in line with your pay cycles. PPE is a pay period, a recurring length of time over which an employee has worked and is recorded for payment. For example, companies can pay employees weekly, fortnightly, or monthly for the work performed.
You can set up multiple pay periods in your company file. That is, you can set to have one group of employees paid weekly, another group fortnightly, and another monthly, if required.
Once you have selected the pay cycles required, you need to allocate a PPE date. This date needs to be the last day of the pay cycle, the Pay Period Ending date.
What you will need to be mindful of, is that sometimes these pay periods may cross over on certain dates. The result is that the pay cycles will merge during reporting, as when selecting this particular PPE date, there may be multiple cycles attached.
An option would be to process those employees within one of the cycles and then create all the necessary Reports. The remaining employees should be those attached to the other Pay Period Ending. Then process these employees and create the reports required.
Whilst this screen needs to be populated before moving forward, additional Pay Periods can be added at a later stage if required.
- Pay Frequency: Choose the frequency in which you pay your employees
- PPE Date: Select the Pay Period Ending dates for each Pay Frequency selected
- Click Next
- Confirm your company details at the Confirm New Company Details screen
This screen summarises the company details and the number of employees entered and the default location where it will create and save the file to. This location can be changed.
- Review the information on the screen, including the location where your data will be stored
- If information is incorrect, click Back to revise your data
- If information is correct, click Next to continue
- The Registration Form will appear
We require this registration form to provide you with your Wage Easy/Wagemaster licence.
Click OK to create the registration form
- The Print screen will be displayed. If you are using another PDF writer, select it. Click OK
- The system will save the form on your desktop by default – you can change this location if you wish. If you change the location, you must remember where you save it so you can retrieve it later to send to us
- File Name: Give the file a name
- Click Save
Wagemaster will automatically check the Open the new company database now box
- If you want to continue, leave this checked. Click Finish
- If you want do not want to continue with setting up your file, uncheck this box. Click Finish
Next Step: Set up awards