Accounts Payable is a system for the recording and management of how much is owing, to whom the monies are owed and when the payments are due to be paid.
Accounts Payable is also known as creditors, and this process is also known as creditor control.
Accounts Payable allows you to:
- Enter all your accounts payable tax invoices
- Make full or part payments and amalgamate payments, if you use the EFT (Electronic Funds Transferred) option
- Create reports such as:
- How much is owing for a specific time-frame or the overall accounts payable total owed
- How much is owed to each person/company, or for everyone listed individually
One of the many uses of Accounts Payable is entering in the purchases of chemicals or fertiliser and make payments on these Accounts Payable over several months.
Accounts Payable can be set up in the EFT Acc/Pay Cheques section of Agrimaster. The process for using Accounts Payable is slightly different if used with EFT or cheques. These will be covered separately.
Entering your Accounts Payable
To manage your Accounts Payable, you must first enter them into the EFT Acc/Pay Cheques area in Agrimaster.
- At the Home Page, click Cash Book
- Click EFTAcc/Pay, Cheques
- Click the Add New icon
- You will now be in the Enter Cheques to print, EFT to send, Accounts Payable window
- Transaction Type: Select EFT Payment or Cheque
- Format: Agrimaster defaults to POST GST transaction. Select the required format from the dropdown list. If paying wages, we recommend you select Wages and tax deduction
- From Bank A/C: Select the required account from the drop-down list or by typing the first few letters of the account name
- Pay/Send To: Select the person or company you are paying
- Last Date for Payment: Select the date you wish to pay the bill. If your file is set up for Accruals GST, enter the Tax Invoice date. (This should be the date on the actual invoice).
- Message (EFT max. 18): This field will complete automatically if the person you are paying is set up for EFT. If you need to change the message, it can be deleted or amended
- Complete the Code, Enterprise, Allocation, and Description. To progress through each of these fields, press the Enter key
- When entering the Amount$, check that the GST setting is correct for each split (check your Tax Invoice)