The Online services had an error initialising or Online services not detected message may appear when you try to:
- update/activate Agrimaster or
- backup to or restore from m:drive
We’re sorry you’ve received this message. The good news is we’ve got solutions for you to resolve the issue.
Firstly, please check that your internet is connected before you open Agrimaster.
Otherwise, it is most likely due to one or more of the issues below:
- Windows updates
Windows updates causing online services error
Windows updates may have affected files or the .NET framework that Agrimaster needs to connect to the internet.
- If you haven’t already, close Agrimaster then open File Explorer (AKA My Computer/This PC) to browse through the files on your computer
- Open C:\Program Files (x86)\Agrimaster (or depending on your computer operating system it could be C:\Program Files\Agrimaster) and locate two files sitting in that folder being online and online_man [both of which are Windows Batch Files]
N.B. If these files are missing or have a size of 0 Kb you will need to contact Agrimaster Support for assistance in resolving the issue.
- Right-click the icon for online and, on the menu, click Run as Administrator
- If you see the prompt Do you want to allow this App... click Allow/Yes. You should see a black script box with some text scroll through it and close
N.B. If you see a prompt "An app on your PC needs the following Windows feature: .NET Framework 3.5" please download and install the .NET Framework.
- If you are not prompted to install the .NET Framework, right-click online_man and, on the menu, click Run as Administrator. You should see a black script box with some text scroll through it and close.
- Open Agrimaster and retry the activation/update/m:drive
Anti-virus causing online services error
Anti-Virus software can sometimes block essential files that allow Agrimaster to run . Adding Agrimaster to the exclusion (exception) list may solve the problem.
Below are some common anti-programs used. Click the link provided below for the anti-virus program you have installed on your computer for instructions on how to add Agrimaster to the exclusion list.
- Microsoft Security Essentials
- Windows Defender (When following this set of instructions, after clicking Add an exclusion, be sure to click Folder)
- Avast (When following this set of instructions, after clicking Exclusions at Step 2, be sure to select File paths)
- Symantec (When following this set of instructions, be sure to follow the steps in To Set Up Auto-Protect Exclusions on an individual computer)
- Malwarebytes Anti-Malware (When following this set of instructions, be sure to click Select Folder after the step Exclude a File or Folder)
If you are unsure of how to add Agrimaster to the exclusion list, we recommend you contact your IT Support. When the instructions above refer to a directory, your IT Support will need to add the directories below.
SmartScreen causing online services error
SmartScreen can sometimes block essential files that allow Agrimaster to run. Disabling SmartScreen may solve this problem.
- Click this link and choose Yes when prompted
- The below window will display. Click App & browser control
- Select Off as pictured below