Online Services had an error initialising or Online Services not detected message may appear when you try to:
- update Agrimaster
- activate or reactivate Agrimaster
We’re sorry you’ve received this message. The good news is we’ve got solutions for you to resolve the issue.
Firstly, please check that you are connected to the internet before you open Agrimaster.
If you are connected to the Internet and still have an issue it is most likely due to one or more of the issues:
- Windows updates
- Agrimaster Settings file
Windows updates causing online services error
Windows updates may have affected files or the .NET framework that Agrimaster needs to connect to the internet. To resolve this issue, follow the below steps:
- If you haven’t already, close Agrimaster then open File Explorer (AKA My Computer/This PC) to browse through the files on your computer
- Open C:\Program Files (x86)\Agrimaster (or depending on your computer operating system it could be C:\Program Files\Agrimaster) and locate two files sitting in that folder, the online and online_man files [both of which are Windows Batch Files]
N.B. If these files are missing or have a size of 0 Kb you will need to contact the Customer Service Team for assistance in resolving the issue.
- Right-click the icon for online and, on the menu, click Run as Administrator
- If you see the prompt Do you want to allow this App... click Allow/Yes. The below screen will quickly display then close. If your PC is very fast this may happen too quickly for you to see it.
- If you see the prompt An app on your PC needs the following Windows feature: .NET Framework 3.5 please download and install the .NET Framework.
- If you do not get this prompt, go to Step 5
- If you are unable to install the .net framework, read on
Checking Windows 10 version
If you are unable to install the .NET Framework and you are running Windows 10, please ensure that you are running at least Version 1703 as there have been reported problems with installation on older versions of Windows 10.
To check your Windows 10 version:
Click the Windows Start button (this is normally on the bottom left-hand corner of your screen)
Type winver and then press the Enter key
Your Windows version will be displayed. Check it is at least 1703 and then click OK
- Should you be on an older version of Windows, you will need to run Windows updates. Please consult Microsoft or your local PC technician should you require assistance with this.
- If you are not prompted to install the .NET Framework, right-click online_man and, on the menu, click Run as Administrator. The below screen will quickly display then close. If your PC is very fast this may happen too quickly for you to see it.
- Open Agrimaster and retry the activation/update to see if you are able to connect to activate/reactivate or apply the update.
Anti-virus causing online services error
Anti-Virus software can sometimes block essential files that allow Agrimaster to run. Adding Agrimaster to the exclusion (exception) list may solve the problem.
Below are some common anti-virus programs affecting Agrimaster as outlined above. Please note, this is not an exhaustive list - check with your IT technician if you encounter similar issues.
Click the link provided below for the anti-virus program you have installed on your computer for instructions on how to add Agrimaster to the exclusion list.
- Microsoft Security Essentials
- Windows Defender (When following this set of instructions, after clicking Add an exclusion, be sure to click Folder)
- Avast (When following this set of instructions, after clicking Exclusions at Step 2, be sure to select File paths)
- Symantec (When following this set of instructions, be sure to follow the steps in To Set Up Auto-Protect Exclusions on an individual computer)
- Malwarebytes Anti-Malware (When following this set of instructions, be sure to click Select Folder after the step Exclude a File or Folder)
- BullGuard Internet Security (You will need to restore Agrimaster from quarantine, and record Agrimaster in the exclusions/exceptions list)
If you are unsure of how to add Agrimaster to the exclusion list, we recommend you contact your IT Support. When the instructions above refer to a directory, your IT Support will need to add the directories below.
Firewall causing online services error
If the above exceptions do not resolve the issue, you may also need to add the following exceptions for the online services webserver to your firewall software.
Agrimaster Settings File
In some cases, the Agrimaster settings file becomes corrupted.
If none of the above (Windows updates, Anti-virus or Firewall or SmartScreen) resolve your issue:
- Close Agrimaster
- Open File Explorer (AKA Computer/This PC)
- Locate C:/Users/Public/Agrimaster
- Delete the agwsett.txt file sitting in that location
- Reopen Agrimaster and retry