This function enables you to export data such as transactions and invoices from one Agrimaster file so that they can be imported into another Agrimaster file.
For example: If two people are using the same file at different locations, User 1 can enter transactions, export to an Agrimaster Transfer File (*.atf) and User 2 can import that data directly into another Agrimaster file, without overwriting any work done on the second file.
This function is useful if you need to work on your file whilst your accountant or consultant has it or, if you inadvertently enter data into the wrong file.
The procedure set out below describes exporting a data file which can then be imported to another Agrimaster file. Read more on Importing Data into another Agrimaster file.
- Only data that is in an open BAS period and open months can be exported using this procedure
- The code lists and bank accounts must be the same in both files
- Data will not be reconciled in the receiving file (where they are imported) and you will need to reconcile them in the usual manner
To export data to another file:
- Start at the Home Page, click Setup & Tools
- Click Import/Export Data
- Click Export to Agrimaster File
- The Export transactions to another Agrimaster file window opens
- Under Export records from: Select Transactions (or any other data type)
- Display transactions dated from: Select the date range using either
- The drop-down box/picklist button
- Clicking into the date box and press F4 to display calendar, or
- Clicking once on day to highlight, then change. Repeat for month and/or year and use arrow keys to scroll for selection or simply type the required date
- Click Show Selected Records
- A list of records is displayed. Select specific transactions by clicking on them or click the Select All button if all records are required
- Export To window is displayed
- Enter a File Name (leaving the .aft where it is)
- Click Yes to confirm
- Exported will be saved in an Agrimaster Transfer File (.atf) with the name of the file you specified in Step 6
- To export other data: Repeat from Step 5, selecting the either Cheques/EFT/Accounts Payable, Invoices/Accounts Payable or Cash Transfers, until all required transaction data are exported
- Click to exit Export Transactions to another Agrimaster file window
If you need to transfer the data to an Agrimaster file on another PC, browse C:\Users\Public\Agrimaster\Work to locate and save the .atf files onto a Thumb Drive/USB/External Device or attach them to an email