This feature allows the program to self-diagnose and resolve many errors and issues that may accumulate over time on your file.
You should rebuild your file periodically, if not on a monthly basis, at least rebuild prior to submitting your BAS to ensure data integrity.
When you rebuild your file, you will see:
- An Auto-Backup is performed as a safeguard
- All data including transactions, invoices and worksheets is checked
- Required repairs are reported for you to fix or correct
- The file is compacted.
The feature reports all items requiring your attention plus any that it auto-corrects. A file rebuild will detect most errors. It is extremely important that you address these errors. Errors in a closed period must be fixed via Repair Past.
To rebuild your file:
- Start at the Home Page
- Click File
- Click Rebuild File
- Click Data File
- Select the Agrimaster data file you are working on from the list of Agrimaster data files available on your computer
- Click the green tick or press F10 to select the file. The following screen will then be displayed
- Click the green tick or press F10 to begin the rebuild of the file and wait while the program works through the items shown
- Click Ok when rebuild has completed
- If any errors are detected, click Ok to view details
- Either Print Error List or Fix Errors to review and repair the errors found
- Run the rebuild file again until no more errors are found.