These instructions are for Wage Easy and Wagemaster Payroll users.
When to perform the update
You should only perform the PAYG Tax Tables update:
- After you have processed the final wages for the current financial year; AND
- Before you process your first wages for the next financial year; or
- When you receive tax table update information directly from us
Download and Install the 2018 - 2019 PAYG Tax Tables
Prior to installing the tax tables, you will need to ensure your Wagemaster/Wage Easy version is up-to-date by downloading and installing the latest version (June 2018) sent to you via email. Full instructions on how to update are available here.
Download the tax tables
To download the tax tables:
- Right click on the 2018-2019 PAYG tax tables link attached at the end of this article
- Select Save as...
- The Save as window appears
- Save the file on to your desktop (if you choose to save it elsewhere, make sure you remember the exact location)
Update the 2018 - 2019 PAYG Tax Tables
To update the tax tables in Wage Easy:
- In the Wage Easy application, click on Setup and select Associations
- The Associations window will be displayed. Double-click on Tax Tables
- The Edit Association Details – Tax Tables screen appears.
- Select the Internet tab, then tick the Tax Tables & Rebates box. Ensure that the other options are not selected. If they are, click into those boxes to deselect. Click on the Update Now button
- The Update Association Data Wizard will be displayed. Click on Next
- At the Update Data Source window, select Load from disk file. Click on the ellipsis (the 3 little dots) to locate the saved tax tables file
- At the Open window, click on Desktop. (If you have saved the file elsewhere, click on the dropdown arrow in the Look in: field to find the location)
- Using the scroll bar on the side, scroll down till you see the saved tax file. Select the file named Tax Tables 2019.pdl
- Click Open
- The Update Data Source window appears again with the file path (location where the file is saved) added to the Load from disk file field. Click Next
- The Finish Update Data Wizard window appears. Click Finish
- You will end the update process with the Finish Update Data Wizard window. Click Close to end.
- Change your PPE date to the first PPE in the 2018/2019 year by clicking on PPE: from the menu and selecting the first PPE date on the calendar (highlighted yellow in the example below)
Verify Update of Tax Tables
To check if your tax tables has been updated successfully:
- Click on Setup > Tax > Tables
- At the Tax Tables window, check for 2018-19 (highlighted in the picture below) at the end of each tax table entry