This article is for Wagemaster users to update their existing tax tables.
The new tax tables apply to payments made on or after 1 July 2021. The tables are dated 01/07/2021 and will calculate tax at the new rates for wages processed after Wagemaster has been updated with this pdl.
When To Perform The Update
You should only perform the PAYG tax tables update:
- After you have processed the final wages for the current financial year; and
- Before you process your first wages for the next financial year; or
- When you receive the tax table update information directly from us.
If you are unsure of whether or not it is time for you to update, please contact Customer Support.
Download And Install The PAYG Tax Tables
Prior to installing the tax tables, you will need to ensure your Wagemaster is up-to-date by downloading and installing the latest version.
Download the tax tables by clicking on the links below.
- Click on the link below to download the Tax Table from 01/07/2021 onwards:
Tax Tables_2021-22 (Do not open it, upload it as per the steps below).
- It may download directly depending on your browser download settings in the bottom left corner or top right corner, right-click and click on Show in folder.
- Or you may be taken to the page with the download option, click the Download button.
- Or the Save As window appears if your browser settings are not set to auto download the attachments. Save the file onto your desktop in this option (if you choose to save it elsewhere, make sure you remember the exact location). Remember the location where it downloads.
- Follow the instructions below to update the tax tables in your Wagemaster file.
Update The PAYG Tax Tables
- In the Wagemaster application, click on Setup and select Associations.
- The Associations window will be displayed. Double-click on Tax Tables.
- The Edit Association Details – Tax Tables screen appears.
- Select the Internet tab, then tick the Tax Tables & Rebates box. Ensure that the other options are not selected. If they are, click into those boxes to deselect. Click on the Update Now button.
- The Update Association Data Wizard will be displayed. Click on Next.
- At the Update Data Source window, select Load from disk file. Click on the ellipsis (the 3 little dots) to locate the saved tax tables file.
- At the Open window, click on Desktop. (If you have saved the file elsewhere, click on the dropdown arrow in the Look in field to find the location).
- Using the scroll bar on the side, scroll down till you see the saved tax file. Select the file named Tax Tables 2021-22 Updated.pdl.
- Click Open.
- The Update Data Source window appears again with the file path (the location where the file is saved) added to the Load from disk file field. Click Next.
- The Finish Update Data Wizard window appears. Click Finish.
- You will end the update process with the Finish Update Data Wizard window. Click Close to end.
Verify Update Of Tax Tables
To check if your tax tables have been updated successfully:
- Change your PPE date to the first Pay run in the 2021/2022 new financial year by clicking on PPE: from the menu and selecting the first PPE date on the calendar in July (highlighted yellow in the example below) and verify if the tax tables have updated as per the instructions below.
- Click on Setup > Tax > Tables.
- At the Tax Tables window, check for 2021-22 (highlighted in the picture below) at the end of each tax table entry.
- Click on the most common Tax Table used > Edit and see if the rates have changed.
- Once you have confirmed that the tax tables are updated, you are ready to process your pay.
- Repeat the above steps for any additional files you may have.