The Repair Past function is used to fix transaction errors in months that have already been reconciled and closed. By using this feature, the transactions will be repaired, bank account balances adjusted automatically and you may be prompted to make adjustments to your current BAS period if the GST has been effected.
- A transaction was coded incorrectly
- A bank account was closed in error with an incorrect closing balance and none of the transactions were reconciled
- A transaction was cleared to the wrong month
- A transaction was unreconciled in error
The Repair Past function should not be used lightly because you can alter the closing bank account balances in months that are closed.
You should not add transactions into a month in a closed BAS period without consulting your accountant first.
When editing transactions in a closed BAS period, you should be careful not to change the GST category of a transaction’s code unless you are sure that it is incorrect. Changing the enterprise, allocation or description is safe as this does not affect the GST.
- Ensure you have backed up your file in File Manager
- Have a copy of your bank statements - for comparison to the Agrimaster bank account balances
- View and print your Agrimaster bank account balances
To add a transaction to a previous month
- Start in the Cashbook
- Click on Repair Past
- Click on Repair Transactions
- To add a new transaction type F6 or click on the Add New icon
- The screen below will be displayed. It is the same as the screen for adding a normal transaction, except there is a field for Month Cleared. If the transaction has not yet been cleared, this should be left as outstanding. If the transaction was cleared in a previous month, the appropriate month should be selected.
- Agrimaster allows you to create a new transaction that will affect the GST in a past period.
To edit a transaction in Repair Past
- Repeat Steps 1 to 3 above
- Click on Find icon to find the transaction you wish to edit
- A list of transactions will be displayed. Select the appropriate transaction and click the Edit icon to make the required changes
- If your changes affect the closing balances of a previous month, the following warning will appear. If the changes you have made are correct click Yes, otherwise click No.
- Prior to making any changes using Repair Past, it is a good idea to make a backup of your file so that you can restore it if you make an error and to print out a Balances Report to check that your changes have not affected your bank account balances.
- If you add a transaction to a closed month and clear that transaction, you will need to delete transactions of an equal amount from the same account for account balances to remain unchanged.
- If you alter the bank account, total amount, entry month or month cleared, you will change your account balances from the date of alteration to the current month. You will need to add balancing transactions if account balances are correct and you wish them to remain unchanged.
- To delete a transaction, enter the Repair Transaction, use Find to locate the transaction, and click on the Delete (Red Cross) button to delete the transaction.