What is a Code?
Code is the term used to describe the transaction or ledger account name such as “Sheep Sales”.
The code list is made up of Major Headings, Group Headings and Codes. The list will include the
information your accountant and consultant require, also what you need for your management
purposes. Codes enable Agrimaster to find data easily when you require a report and it allows the
accurate calculation of the GST.
To allow for fast entry of data codes can be automatically linked to enterprises, allocations and
quantity types. Each code is given a GST category which allows for the automatic calculation of the
GST when entering transactions.
There are no limits to the number of codes that you can have, however, more is not necessarily
As the information and reporting requirements of every business is different it is best to customise
any code lists imported from other files or used by other parties to suit your needs.
- Start at the Home Page
- Click Setup & Tools
- Click Cash Book Setup
- Click Codes
- Where the Code has not been created, you will automatically be in mode.
- If Codes do exist, click the Add New icon or press F6 to switch to / mode to edit the existing codes.
- When adding a new code, select if the item is Major Heading, a Gorup Heading or a Code.
- Select if the item is Receipt or Payment.
- Enter in the Name of the code.
- Select, by using the drop-down list:
- GST Category (compulsory)
- Link To Enterprise
- Quantity Type (type in if not available)
- Instalment Tax Status (required for receipt codes only when Instalment Tax is activated)
- Select Quantity Types and Enterprise links where required, otherwise leave blank.
- Click the green tick, press F10 or click or to save data.
- Repeat the above format for each additional Code.
- Codes should be listed under the two major heading Receipts and Payments and then organised under group headings such as Cropping Income or Cattle Expenses.
- Codes can be up to 20 characters long.
- If you wish to edit or delete an existing code, you must be in ‘Editing’ mode. Choose the Code you wish to alter and save or delete accordingly. Codes can only be deleted where not previously used.
- If you have any codes, enterprises or allocations that are no longer used, you can hide them from view by highlighting the code and clicking the HIDE This Code box in the Setup windows. Codes can be ‘unhidden’ for use by turning this feature off.
- This will only hide the codes in the Transaction Entry windows; they will still be visible in all budgets and reports.