What is a Recipient Created Tax Invoice (RCTI)?
An RCTI is a tax invoice that is issued by the purchaser of the goods and/or services rather than the seller. RCTIs can only be issued by a purchaser if:
- The purchaser and the seller are both registered for GST.
- The sales for which the purchaser can issue an RCTI are agreed to in writing by the purchaser and the seller either in a separate written agreement specifying the sales to which each agreement relates or embedding this information or specific terms, as outlined in the legislative instrument, in the tax invoices they issue.
- The agreement is current and effective when the RCTI is issued.
- The goods or services being sold under the agreement are of the type that the Australian Taxation Office have determined can be invoiced using RCTIs.
To Create A New RCTI
- Start at the Home Page.
- Click Cashbook.
- Click Enhanced Invoicing Acc/Rec.
- Enhanced Invoicing Browse Invoices screen will appear.
- Click on New Invoice from the menu on the left hand side of the screen or click on Add New.
- The Invoicing Wizard will be displayed.
- Click on the green arrow.
- The Invoice Lines Screen will now appear.
- Complete the invoice - adding what you need to add. Once you are happy that each line is correct, click the green tick.
- Once the whole invoice is finished click the green arrow.
- The Total Notes screen will now appear. If you want to send your client a specific note, type it in the notes box.
- If you wish to see how your invoice will look prior to printing it you can click Preview.
- Otherwise click Finish.
- You will now be returned to the Browse Invoices Screen.
- Use the receive payment to send the RCTI to EFT's Cheques.
- Send the Payment.
Print and Email Your Invoices
Due to a Microsoft update, the Email Document button no longer works. This button will be removed in a future background update. Moving forward, you will need to print your invoices to PDF.
- Open your invoice and click on Print as per the below screenshot:
- Then select the Printer as Microsoft Print to PDF. This will allow you to save the invoice wherever you'd like.
- From there open the save location through your File Explorer and right click on the invoice and click Send to Mail Recipient.