Keep track of wages and PAYG withholdings using Agrimaster Cash Book. The wage withholdings are totalled in the Wages Tax Report when you are ready to file your BAS.
Recommended: Have the tax calculators on the ATO website or printed tax tables available during this task.
- Click on Home
- Click on Cash Book
- Click on Transactions
- Click on the Add New icon to open the Enter Cashbook Transactions window
- Select Wages and Tax Deduction from the Format dropdown list
- Enter the payment details
Choose the bank account that the staff member is paid from
Optional information such as a cheque number
Enter the date that the wages were paid
Name of the person receiving the payment PAYG tax withholding
- The Cash Book automatically generates 2 rows (referred to as splits) for Wages and Wages Tax – do NOT change the default Codes or Allocations
- Press the Tab key or click with the mouse into Enterprise Recommended: Choose an Enterprise if this employee’s work is for a specific part of your business, such as Cattle.
Use the Enterprise to measure the profit or loss by revenue centre, such as comparing the costs of labour between cattle and sheep. Do not change the Allocation. The Allocation is required for tax reporting.
- Click into Amount Type the gross wage amount before PAYG withholdings
- Optional, whilst in the Amount box, press the F3 key to access a calculator Use the mouse or type the numbers, such as gross pay rate x hours worked
- Click on EX when done to move the total into the Amount
- Press the Enter key or click in row 2 (split 2)
- In Amount, type the number from the ATO tax withholding table or from the ATO Tax Withheld Calculator (on the ATO website)
The Cash Book will automatically convert the Tax deducted amount to a negative number
- Click on to save and click on to close