The Asset and Liabilities worksheet of Agrimaster is mainly a budgeting tool and used to record the value of and if applicable, estimate cash flows arising from:
- Farming Property
- Non-farm assets and liabilities (ie: shares and property)
- Previous years Crop Pool equity and income
- Loans, Hire Purchases and Lease Balances and Payments
- Carry-on stock of produce
- Any other Assets & Liabilities
The A & L worksheets can be selected as a source for a Full Budget; this enables cash flow to be
included. It can also be selected as a source for a Statement of Position report. All opening and
closing positions would be included in the report.
There are 19 types of A&L worksheets listed in the Assets & Liabilities setup area.
You are only permitted to have 10 A & L Worksheets per setup.
- When selecting Asset and Liability worksheets, you must be careful not to use those that
repeat income and expenditure held in other sources of budget data such as Enterprise or
Fixed Costs worksheets or Full Budget direct entry.
- If you need more than 10 A&L worksheets, set up a second group to be included in the budget
and/or Statement of Position.
To create Assets & Liabilities Worksheet:
- Click on Budget
- Click on Full Budgets
- Click on Assets & Liabilities
- Click on Set Up
- In the panel ENTER NEW GROUP NAME, type or select from the list (e.g. ASSET & LIABS MAR 19-FEB 20), press enter
- At the bottom left of the page, you will see FIRST MONTH. Use the drop-down list to select the relevant start month.
- At the top right of this find WORKSHEETS ON FILE. Choose the worksheets to suit
your report by clicking on the worksheet you want, ie: Land (now it will be highlighted blue). Then click on the button INCLUDE.
- Examples to include in your Assets & Liabilities Worksheets are as follows:
AL: Land AL: Lease AL: Grain & Stock Sales AL: Term Loans AL: Crop Pools AL: Share Portfolio AL: Plant AL: Sundry AL: HP/Chattel Loans - Payments
- Once all A&L worksheets have been selected, click the green tick or press F10 to save data
- Back in the main menu of the ASSETS & LIABILITIES, click on OPEN
- Click on the A & L Worksheet Group you wish to display. All of the worksheets will now be on
screen. Complete the required data in each worksheet.
- You may be required to enter a receipt or payment into the cash flow of the Full Budget, using F5
or MONTH button.
- Double-clicking on the A&L worksheet will do the same as highlighting the worksheet and the Include button.
- The Account Balances worksheet can be used to include balances of accounts NOT included in your Agrimaster file or Full Budget, such as credit cards.
- If you have your Term Loans as bank accounts in your Agrimaster file you can include them in the Full Budget and NOT enter them in the A&L group. This will allow you to see your peak debt.