Cashbook Format Transaction Options
Choose the Format option based on the tips below:
POST GST Transaction
- Choose this option most of the time for payments or recording income (such as money received from grain co-op or stockbroker).
- Do not use for paying wages or salaries (instead, choose wages and tax deduction).
- Automatically calculates GST as you add rows (splits) with Codes that require tax.
- Do not add GST for rows (splits) that are coded for no tax (such as levies or bank fees).
- Carries GST amounts from the payment or income details through to your BAS tax report.
Supplier Not Registered For GST
- Used for suppliers that have an ABN and state on the invoice that their business is not registered for GST (may be noted as GST GNR or GST not registered).
- Will not add GST to any row (split) of detail.
- If a detail item is GST-free, such as a levy, use the POST GST transaction not the supplier not registered for GST option.
Wages And Tax Deduction
- An employee is a person receiving a wage or salary.
- Taxes withheld are withheld from the person’s paycheck.
- Withheld taxes are paid to ATO during the BAS (Business Activity Statement).
Withholding Tax – No ABN
- This situation is rare (ask the supplier for an ABN if none is listed).
- The supplier does not provide an ABN or does not have an ABN and issues an invoice to you.
- Cashbook calculates a higher tax withholding.
- The supplier receives payment from you, less the tax amount.
- You pay the withheld taxes to the ATO during your BAS process.
PRE GST Transaction
This Format option only appears for Agrimaster customers who have been using the system before July 2000. This allows customers to enter transactions before the Goods and Services Tax was implemented.