Note: This update is mandatory for all customers using Wage Easy / Wagemaster Payroll to meet revised ATO requirements.
Employers with Working Holiday Visa employees or Fringe Benefit Tax: You MUST update BEFORE processing your 2016/17 Payment Summaries.
All other employers: You should update AFTER Processing the 2016/17 Payment Summaries
The ATO has made several changes and we recommend that you refer to the ATO website or your accountant to clarify how the changed requirements, including lodgement of Payment Summaries, may affect you.
Highlights of the new version are as follows:
- Conforms to the revised Payment Summary (EMPDUPE file) lodgement via the ATO portal
- Updated Tax Tables 2017-2018 includes a new tax table called Working Holiday Maker (2016-17) (for employees on a working holiday visa).
You must change onto this new tax table before completing your Payment Summaries. Click here for full instructions
- Click here for the Tax Tables 2017-2018 and instructions
- There are changes to the reporting of Fringe Benefits Tax exemptions. Please visit the ATO for further information. For information specific to your business, we recommend you discuss with your accountant
- The Superannuation Guarantee has changed for high income earners. Please visit the ATO for further information. If you have any employees in this category, please discuss with your accountant.