These instructions are only valid for Agrimaster versions up to and including 6.3.54
Events such as fire, flood, theft and malicious viruses and hackers can damage or destroy our valuable personal and business financial files and data stored on our PC.
Having a disaster recovery plan in place is essential because even backups on a flash drive, thumb drive or external hard drive are not necessarily the best option because they too can become corrupt or damaged.
To minimise this risk, m:drive was developed and made available as part of your subscription.
What exactly is m:drive?
- m:drive is a secure online service which means it uses the internet (also referred to as ‘Cloud’ storage but it is still a computer on the ground) to back up, restore and share your file(s) via a secure Agrimaster Server (computer)
- Your file(s) are sent to a secure site which has multiple automatic backups to other computers so your data cannot be lost
- Your data is securely stored off-site (for disaster recovery purposes it is isolated from your PC) but you can retrieve it from any location where you can access Agrimaster
- Your data files are encrypted to increase the level of security
- Only you can access your file/s from m:drive using your Agrimaster User Number and your Password (unless you share the file(s) with your advisor, consultant and/or accountant)
- Not even the Agrimaster staff can access your file(s) (unless you share them).
- m:drive is made up of a ‘bank of servers (computers)’ and there are multiple automatic backups to other computers so your data cannot be lost
- Should a hacker manage to access our secure server, the data is encrypted, plus
- The only way to open an Agrimaster file is using a registered and activated copy of the Agrimaster software.
We strongly recommend that you start using m:drive today. It only takes a few clicks to safely secure your file(s). You can even set reminders in Agrimaster to back up to m:drive.
Learn more about m:drive.